Since I learned that I was pregnant, all decisions I made with regard to my body have been with Caroline’s interest in mind. She turns 1 in just a few days (??!!) She’s a healthy, vibrant and bouncing baby and for this I couldn’t be more thankful!
Caroline’s well-being temporarily aside–I’m out of shape, lacking muscle tone and doughy in general. Let’s be honest, I could have been a lot more diligent about staying fit before, during and after my pregnancy.
Water under the bridge, I say! It’s time again to devote more time and effort to my health and fitness. This post marks the start of the Body After Baby series. Let’s get some cold, hard facts on the record.
- Height: 5′ 5.5″
- Age: 30
- Waist: 27in (at bellybutton)
- Butt: 44in
- Thigh: 27in
- Calf: 14.5in
- Upper Arm: 12.5in
- Weight: 163.2lbs
- BMI: 26.7 (Overweight range)
- Exercise daily.
- Eat well without dieting or binging (ain’t nobody got time for that.)
- Post updates monthly with photos and measurements to document progress.
- Feel awesome, be healthy, and set a good example for Caroline.
- Using Youtube, find workout videos and activities that require little to no equipment (choosing workouts that can be done with a baby underfoot, crawling all over me, etc.)
- Take advantage of activities in my community within walking distance of our home.
- Share the daily workouts/activities via Twitter.
A Few Things Worth Mentioning:
- I’m still a runner and an equestrian, and I’ll keep track of those, but understand that it’s not something everyone has desire for or access to.
- I have willfully decided to not focus on my weight as the sole indicator of my progress. I’ve let it define me entirely too much (since the age of..oh.12?) and wasted too many dollars, tears and worries over it. I hereby pledge to weigh myself once per month and allow my weight to serve only as a partial informant of my overall fitness.
- I have no plans to give up any type of food or drink that I currently consume. Julia Child said it most succinctly, I think , when she said “Everything in moderation, including moderation.” That gal cooked with butter ALL OF THE TIMES, was awesome in general and lived to age 91. Sound advice from a reputable source, in my opinion.
Here I Go
Well then. Nothing left to do now but kick this mother off. Here’s the lower body workout I did today from the folks at FitnessBlender:
Give it a shot and leave a comment if you do. Happy sweating!